I made yet another Luminaria, this one is for the Christmas Tree and uses an electronic flickering tea light candle so I won’t be setting the tree on fire, don’t worry!
It is 3 x 4.5 inch square and fits perfectly within the boughs of our Christmas Tree
I embossed the panels with a woodgrain embossing folder before assembling and the windows are die cuts which I’ve had forever. I bought them from eBay about two years ago and finally found a use for them. I adhered the window die cuts to the sides of the box and then trimmed out the panes with a craft knife (again, before assembly) and then adhered some vellum which I stamped with a Woodware snowflake background stamped in White chalk ink and then embossed with Sugar Cube embossing powder from Martha Stewart Crafts. For even more bling I applied Decoart Snow Writer to the window panes for an icy/snow look. I also daubed some icicle stickles to the pompoms on the trim around the lid of the box.
I then added some Wood veneer Christmas Trees to the sides of the box which I had painted in Ice Crystal Glamour Dust paint by Deco Art and because the whole thing wasn’t sparkly enough, I sprinkled Crystal Glamour Dust over the trees whilst the paint was still wet.
and here it is in action.
- Twisted Tuesday -Winter White Twist: Add A Snowflake
- Tuesday Alchemy -Anything But A Card
- Top Tip Tuesday – Christmas
- Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge – Christmas inspired
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ – Anything Christmas Goes 2/2
- Delightful Challenges – All about Christmas
- C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas
- Stamp Man – In the Bleak mid Winter
- Fairy Tale – Oh Christmas Tree
- Little Claire’s -Christmas
- Di’s Digis Designs Christmas Creation-Anything but a card
- Crafty Calendar – White Christmas
- Just Us Girls – Embossing
- Crafty Ann’s – White Christmas
- Fussy and Fancy – I Love Christmas
- Stampin With The Dragon – Anything Goes
- Craft Us Crazy – Christmas/Winter
- MilkCoffee Challenge – Holiday Decorations
- Crafts and Me – Christmas ornament
- Sisterhood of Crafters – embossing
- Tuesday Throwdown – White Christmas
Edited to add: Some people can’t see the snowflakes on this luminaria so here’s a close up photo which I uploaded to instagram yesterday (you can all see my progress as I made it on instagram too)